In the days after the earthquake that struck Japan on March 11 I was contacted by a friend of my father who writes for Yahoo News. He asked that I write an account of my experience for an upcoming article on the earthquake.
I warned him that my own experience was somewhat dull. Aside from a few broken glasses in my apartment nothing was damaged. I was scared but okay and I thought my story was probably not what the media was looking for.
He ended up using quite a lot of what I wrote as a firsthand account of the earthquake from someone living in Tokyo. The link to the article is below:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110312/tr_ac/8048300_qanda_eyewitness_to_japans_earthquake
Bear in mind it was written the day after the quake. A lot has changed since then but its interesting for me to look back on my initial reaction.
Very composed, measured interview. Great going!
ReplyDelete